Dear Alpha friends & partners,
We are sad to announce that our Executive Director, Jason Young, will be leaving his position at the end of June. Under Jason’s leadership these past four and a half years, Alpha Hong Kong (AHK) has pioneered and grown in many new and exciting ways:
- we experienced an average year-on-year growth in the number of Youth Alpha courses, Workplace Alpha courses, and The Parenting Courses of 38.6%, 43.8% and 23.3% respectively from 2015-2019
- we envisioned, equipped & mobilised many Christians across various industries for marketplace missions through the SPARK (Workplace Alpha) movement
- we pioneered the “AlphaAnywhere Online” strategy to equip the Church for effective online evangelism & outreach, especially during the pandemic
- we formed strategic partnerships with several key organizations (including Campus Crusade for Christ HK, Lui Ming Choi Foundation, Love Foundation, and Little Fire Ministries) to expand and accelerate AHK’s ministry to the youth & campus
- we developed many new products and training resources in Chinese, and recently initiated production of the new Alpha Cantonese Teen Series (ACTS), an innovative & dynamic product tailor made for Chinese-speaking teens in HK & globally
- we raised up highly committed & skilled teams of volunteers to deepen and multiply the ministry impact of AHK in the church, workplace and marriage/family contexts
- we fully integrated AHK’s partnership and relationship management system using Salesforce for effective ministry operations and development
- we shifted to mobile office operations to streamline expenses and better support our ministry partners with greater flexibility
“It has been such a privilege working with Jason over the past several years. He has achieved so much during his tenure and has placed Alpha Hong Kong in a much stronger position than he found it. Thank you to Jason, Juliana and their whole family for their unwavering support for Alpha and I am sure we will continue to work closely together going forward. We wish them all the best in the next chapter of the mighty work that the Lord has called them to!”
(Pat Nie Woo, Chairman of Alpha Hong Kong)
Starting from July 1, we are delighted that Patricia Lau, one of our board members, will step in as interim Executive Director, whilst continuing to work as Managing Director at Credit Suisse. She will serve in this new role with the support of the rest of the board and the Alpha Hong Kong staff.
Praise the Lord for all that He has done through Alpha Hong Kong in these past few years and thank you for all your support and prayers! Let’s continue to partner together to advance His Kingdom and bring revival and transformation to Hong Kong and beyond!
Alpha Hong Kong